Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scenes from the Street

What a fantastically chill weekend! Bekah and I went to a teacher's house to meet with her seamstress. We're having things made with fabric we brought with us. The most stretching experience for me yet was having three ladies and a man standing around waiting for me to sketch out what I wanted my shirt to look like. I am not a clothing designer! Has anyone met me?!? Have you seen my wardrobe?!? I wear tshirts for crying out loud! Ok, ok...I'm done being dramatic. It was a lot of fun and just so happens another teacher walked in wearing just the kind of shirt I was hoping for, with a few modifications to be made. Oh, the many ways the Father provides.

I talked with two Vietnamese students today while I sat on a park bench. They told me a legend about one of the Hanoi lakes and I told them a legend about how the earth was made, to which they replied, "Very interesting." Trading stories came so naturally. It was a glimpse of many great conversations to come.

So check out some scenes on the street! We often see men sleeping on their motos like this. We even saw a man sleeping in a hammock rigged up in a the 4x4' covered trailer. No picture, so try to imagine it. One of my personal favorites is the last picture. How about that traditional wagon and cell phone combo?





2 comments:

  1. Back the rickshaw up...did you say "Dramatic"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are a trip. I bet everyday brings such new experiences. I would love to see the finished shirt ; ) And i have to know did you ask to ride in the cart or is it just for goods, ha! He better watch out looks like one of those scooters might clip him. Your odd friend in the man up stairs (tyring to be creative).

    ReplyDelete