Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Most Magnificent Day Yet

At an international fellowship this morning we caught a glimpse of the glorious day to come when we will with one voice make a joyful noise to the Father! At times I was too overwhelmed by it to sing. To top it off, a little girl in front of me turned her head while she sang and I could hear her above the crowd. Absolutely beautiful.

The taxi driver turned on an American radio station on the way to the fellowship. We didn't realize it until we heard the beginning of "Hey There, Delilah." What a treat to be able to sing to the radio together for a few moments. The long ride across Hanoi allowed for us to see quite a bit more of the city. Our favorite sites were of lakes filled with swan-shaped paddle boats. I told Joe it could be our first date in Vietnam should we get to come here together :)

So, I know today is supposed to be a day of rest, but Bekah and I needed a couple things washed. We kicked it old school and washed them in the tub. I considered posting a picture, but upon reviewing the shot realized our unmentionables were distinguishable. We want to keep the blog appropriate.

Today's pictures are of a line outside an old Vietnamese ruler's tomb, where his body is preserved, and of the restaurant we ate at this afternoon. (Click on the first pic to see it better.) As part of our restful attitude today we ate western food. I had a BLT that could compete with many I've had back in the States.


4 comments:

  1. Joe came home with us and ate lunch today. The boys in the church are cutting down a tree that had some huge branches fall early this morning next to the storage house. Missed you today. I wish you could see the kids that are coming from the neighborhood. They sing and clap and have some rhythm! Love you Liv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what I get for jumping in front of your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the blog updates! Keep them coming, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought they were swans and paddle boats. Swan-shaped paddle boats- AND BLTs? I don't think I can top this country...

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete