Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gettin' Around Town

These bikes are taking us everywhere! We met up with a new friend, Grace, on Monday to visit the river. The river is running north right now, but come October, as the rainy season comes to an end, it will run in the opposite direction and Phnom Penh will celebrate with a Water Festival. Grace says there will be many boat races. We'll probably get the day off from work so we'll get to watch.

Below is a picture of our bikes parked outside of the Russian Market. You can buy, uh, pretty much everything there. Many of my clothes have met their end since I left home, starting with my favorite pants ripping back in Colorado. I've already picked up a few shirts and a few pairs of shorts. Danielle mentioned that many of our students would be amazed at all the clothes we have in our closets; we usually have much more than we need. Something to remember as I begin to make impressions upon my students with the way I choose to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment