Thursday, October 28, 2010

Honest Blog

It's not always a bed of roses here. While I thoroughly enjoy riding my bike, patience is tried when the rain comes and there are groceries in your basket and important paperwork in your backpack. And while being sweaty has become commonplace and expected, mixing damp clothes with sweat is far from a sweet aroma. Waking up to piles of sawdust on your wardrobe one morning because somehow termites appeared and decided to eat away at it can get under the skin a little, too. Or a leaking sink that you're not confident the landlord will fix so you put a bucket under it and you just know mosquitoes try to use it for a breeding ground...yeah, that too. Speaking of mosquitoes, have you ever woke up to a line of itching down your body and as you lose the stupor of sleep realize you've been bitten five times so you turn on the light and wait 10-15 minutes to catch the little bugger?

All that to say that life is life here, too. The exhilaration of adventure in a new country does not entirely mask the day-to-day annoyances of life that we're all familiar with. That's all I'm sayin'.

Praise be to the Father that joy is a choice!




4 comments:

  1. Bless you Olivia. My idea of roughing it is the Hilton. Glad to see you retain your wonderful humor and optimism, believe that is why our Father sent you. You are missed, and thought of very often. Hope all goes well. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So...I still haven't downloaded skype, & I've been slowly catching up on your blog, but please believe I miss you every day. And things have been crazy with my work lately, so I have been mentioning you a lot & thinking how I could really use you nearby to help me with "letting things go" & patience & so on. But now that I am all caught up, especially reading your last entry, I feel very shamed to think that I have been frustrated with my situations. You truly are an inspiration by allowing Christ's love to show through you at all times. I admire your patience & strong will. I'll be praying for you. I love you & miss you, girl! : ) -p-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding us how easy our day to day life is. Sometimes we need that. Love you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Olivia. Praise God for willing saints to spread His Word afar. We miss you. :) Love reading your blog posts and seeing the video and pictures. Be safe! tonia

    ReplyDelete