Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First Day of Training

The beauty of the mountains is equally matched by the hearts of the staff. They are phenomenal servants and set such a great example of how we ought to serve our students and co-workers when we arrive in country.

We were challenged by the president today to examine our hearts, just as the Son asked Peter to examine his when he asked, "Do you love me?" At others times when Peter told the Son he loved him, Peter offered something to prove it, like a sword or a claim to never fall away or a reminder that he had left everything behind. This time, his hands were empty. The president reminded us, "The Father wants to know what's in your heart, not your hands."

I picked up a frisbee today and gave a couple teachers some tips on how to throw it. They said they were no good, but I don't believe them :) I can't wait to throw it around with my students. I'd love to open a door for community through sports when I get there. Please lift that up to the Father for me.

The pictures below are of the room we meet in every day and my seat neighbors. The two women are my teammates, Jennifer (L) and Bekah (R). The couple are some new friends that will teach in China.







1 comment: