Saturday, November 20, 2010

Now the Ball's Rolling

Teaching has officially commenced! I teach 6 classes of 30-40 first year law students. Although back in Vietnam I became increasingly nervous about getting in front of the students as the time drew near, the Father eased my nerves tremendously all the days leading up to teaching d-day here. I'm pretty sure the students were a little more nervous about having a foreign teacher than I was about being one.

Library traffic is steady with an occasional jam. We nearly lost a couple students to overcrowding one day last week, but I was able to arrange for a couple more seats. Jennifer's doing a great job of helping first year students find their way to our doors as she's taken a field trip to the library on the first day of each of her classes. Way to go, Jen!

This weekend is the Water Festival in Phnom Penh. I haven't been to the riverside yet, but I hear there's live music and boat races. The teams are from provinces all over Cambodia and rumor has it some NGOs (non-governmental organizations) have teams, too. There are plans to join Mindy and her International Relations students tomorrow to check out the scene. I'm hoping to post some interesting pictures for you.

Speaking of pictures, I don't think I've taken many in the last couple of weeks. Let me see what I can dig up. Peace!

bed of nails for persistent night prowler - booby trap!
attempt to ask my tutor the word for green pepper
Bekah's eating "Yo Friend" cookies so don't tell yo friend
the view west from the tallest building in PP - 34 stories high

1 comment:

  1. where is the booby trap and what are they after? food or goods to get money for? may you be given you strength for dealing with the problems that are thrown in your way to stifle the good you are doing.....

    ReplyDelete